Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI) is the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India. PMBI was established in December, 2008 under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India. The Bureau has been registered as an independent society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as a separate independent legal entity in April, 2010. PMBI follows the provisions of GFR. 2017 as amended from time to time, the CVC guidelines, and instructions from the Department of Pharmaceuticals.
The objective of the scheme is to make available quality generic medicines at affordable prices to all.
PMBI has urgent requirement on the post of Consultant on contractual basis, for a period of 01 year, extendable subject to satisfactory performance.
Interested, eligible candidates may appear in Walk-inInterviews, scheduled to be held on 28.12.2021 (Tuesday) from 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM.
Post Details, Eligibility Criteria, Emoluments and Job Description
|2||Age (Maximum)||64 Years|
|3||Eligibility||Persons retired or likely to be retired from the positions|
of PA/PS/PPS/OSD to senior authorities in Public Sector
Undertakings/State Government/Central Government.
|4||Desirable Skills||Candidates should have good communication and|
interpersonal skills, fair knowledge of computer
applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and Power
|5||Consolidated Pay||Rs. 50,000/- per month|
|6||Transport Allowance||Rs. 3,000/- per month|
|7||Place of Posting||Delhi & NCR|
|8||Job Description||The selected candidate will be required to work as PS to|
Chief Executive Officer and will be solely responsible to
manage the office of Chief Executive Officer.
|9||Contract period||One Year. Contract is extendable subject to satisfactory|
General Terms & Conditions
- The appointment is purely on contractual basis, and it is not against any permanent vacancy. This appointment will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular/ permanent employment in PMBI.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, in case it is found at any stage of selection process or even after appointment that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not fulfill the criteria, his / her candidature / services are liable for rejection/ termination without notice with further legal proceedings. The cut-off date for age, qualification and experience will be 30.11.2021.
- The incumbent is liable to be transferred/posted in any place of India at the discretion of PMBI. The selected candidate should be able to join at earliest.
- PMBI has the right to reject the entire selection process/advertisement at any stage and the decision of PMBI shall be final in this regard.
- PMBI reserves the right to relax age/experience/qualification & other qualifying criteria in deserving cases. Mere fulfilling of eligibility criteria shall not confer any right to the applicant for being eligible for appointment. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
6. Appointment will be on whole time contractual basis on the following terms & conditions.
a) He/ She will be entitled to consolidated pay and transport allowance.
b) He/ She will be entitled to leaves as per PMBI rules.
c) PMBI reserves the right to revise the terms & conditions during the tenure of the contract.
d) The contractual appointment will automatically come to an end on the expiry of
the contractual period and no notice pay or retrenchment compensation will be
payable to candidate. During the contract period in case performance of candidate
is not found satisfactory or for any other reason, contract can be terminated
without assigning any reason by giving 30 days’ notice or 30 days remuneration
in lieu thereof.
e) Candidate will devote his/her whole time and attention in the interest of the
Bureau and will not engage himself/herself in any other work/assignment either
fulltime or part time, either paid or in honorary capacity. As a contractual
employee, you will maintain a high standard of loyalty, efficiency and integrity.
- Initially contractual appointment will be for one year, and which may or may not be
extended based on the performance.
8. Number of posts shall be increased/decreased, basis on the requirement of department.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications on this advertisement, if necessary, shall be notified
through our website.
10. Candidates are advised to check their emails regularly for the updates.
- Please note that no TA/DA shall be paid to any candidate for appearing in Interview in
The selection process shall be followed by two stage process:
Initial Screening :
Application forms (complete in all respects) with copy of all educational, experience etc.
documents will be checked, verified and screened and the candidates, whose candidature will
be found suitable and eligible, will be called for the next stage of Personal Interview.
Personal Interview :
In the second stage, there will be Personal Interview of the candidates, whose application forms
have been successfully verified and those found suitable for the requirements. Based on the
credentials and performance in the personal interview, the candidates will be shortlisted, and
the offer of appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidate in the order of merit.
Please also note that :
Candidates are required to carry all the supporting documents (marks sheet,
degree, experience certificate etc.) in original along with one set of photocopies at the time of
Interview, for verification. PMBI may adopt higher criteria/process in case of a more number of
applicants meeting eligibility criteria.
Walk-in-Interviews timing and Venue
Date, Day & Time of Walk-in-Interviews :
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
Venue of Walk-in-Interviews
E-1, 8th Floor, Videocon Tower,
New Delhi – 110055
Application form along with terms & conditions etc. of appointment are available at official